State revenue estimates have grown, but lawmakers are taking a cautious approach. Will the Legislature pass an infrastructure bill this session? A mail-voting hearing turns heated. And Sally and Chuck remember Bob Ream, on this episode of 'Capitol Talk.'
- Senate Committee Approves Marijuana Tax, Rejects Alcohol Tax Increase
- Bill Would Provide Option For Montanans To Comply With Federal Real ID Act
- 'Capitol Talk': Will An Infrastructure Bill Make It Through The Legislature?
- Committee Agrees On Two Nominees For Montana's Top Political Cop
- Keystone XL Approval Met With Protest And Celebration In Montana
- COPP Nominating Committee Resumes Work After Bullock, Sales Meeting
This was to have been the week when President Trump turned his fledgling presidency around, setting a course for success and letting the wind fill its sails at last. Instead, it became his worst week to date, ending with the ship becalmed and its crew in disarray. After other controversies had spoiled the weather, the Republicans proved unable to muster the votes to pass their repeal-and-replace Obamacare bill in the House. The president and Speaker Paul Ryan had to call off the vote...
Several decades back while working as a biologist in Oregon, I was picking rocks off the bottom of a rushing stream. While investigating the underlying aquatic insects, I encountered an odd animal. It was what appeared to be a tadpole stuck to the bottom of the rock! Assuming all frogs and tadpoles occur in swamps, not in high elevation rushing streams, I wondered what it was doing there.