Democratic Senator Jon Tester held a digital town hall Tuesday night to answer questions about the Republican health care proposal awaiting action in the U.S. Senate. The hour long Facebook live event came hours after Senate Republican leaders announced a delay on the vote for their long-awaited plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, also known as “Obamacare”.
- Rep Gianforte Assigned To Natural Resources, Government Oversight Committees
- Tester: GOP Healthcare Bill 'Is Not A Step Forward'
- Flyovers Offer Governors Landscape-Level Views Of Their Management Decisions
- Sec Zinke Hints At Major Changes For Interior Department
- Trump Administration Working To Roll-Back Water Pollution Regulations
- Sec Zinke 'Likely' To Leave Missouri Breaks Monument As Is
Medicaid is the government health care program for the poor.
That's the shorthand explanation. But Medicaid is so much more than that — which is why it has become the focal point of the battle in Washington to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare. President Barack Obama expanded Medicaid under his signature health care law to cover 11 million more people, bringing the total number of people covered up to 69 million . Now Republicans want to reverse...
There's a lot going on in Butte this summer, from the Big Bang fireworks extravaganza to the Montana Folk Festival, and even a Folk Feast, which is part fundraiser and part art event. George Everett, executive director of Main Street Uptown Butte joins MTPR's Michael Marsolek to give you a preview of the summer fun coming up in Butte.